Lifescouts: Nerds

Another month has flown by! I hope everyone has had a lovely Easter break, despite the unseasonable cold weather here in the UK. Also, I know I haven't reviewed much this month, but, you know... real life and stuff equals not much reading time. Sad face.

But anyway.

This month on Lifescouts it was Nerd month. While I am a self-confessed nerd, I don't think I will be collecting many badges this month. But let's see:

Chess Badge
While I know how to play chess, I'm not very good at the whole strategy side of this game. Normally, I lose when I play, or if I play against a computer with the easiest settings, I occasionally win but mostly get to stalemate.

Video Games Badge
I love playing video games. I have a PS3, Wii and DS. My favourite game on the PS3 has to be the Lego Harry Potter games, and for the Wii/DS, the Super Mario games. Not a fan of first-person shooter games though. I am shocking at aiming my gun while moving and find them more tense than enjoyable lol.

Bowling Badge
When I was around 15, I went to New Orleans with school, and we went bowling one afternoon. While bowling around the world is essentially the same game, the difference in this particular bowling alley is that there was no automated scoring! None of us knew how to do the scoring. Our coach driver tried to explain it but we still couldn't get it. I think in the end we just added an extra 10 points for strikes and half-strikes.

Programming Badge
Over the past year or so, I've been trying (very trying) to teach myself some rudimentary programming. Mainly HTML and CSS, because let's be real, it's useful to at least be able to look at a webpage source and know what's what. Thankfully, the internet is a wonderful resource for self-learning this sort of stuff with places like codecademy and Khan Academy providing free courses to learn with. I think I'm at the point where I can made a website that looks like it was made in the early 90s, maybe late 90s with a lot of looking up stuff involved. It is so satisfying though when your code works though!

So there we go. Four badges from this month's theme. Wish I could qualify for the Observatory badge and the Rubik's cube badge.

Go here to see the other badges I have collected, and let me know in the comments which badges you have collected!




No comments on "Lifescouts: Nerds"

Leave a Reply