Award Season Prophecies: Screen Actors Guild Awards 2013

Another weekend, another award show! This time, the Screen Actors Guild Awards. While the SAG awards are relatively new to the Award Season calendar (it's only the 19th year), it is, I think, important to the Award Season because the awards are voted for by members of the Guild itself. That's to say, the actors themselves are voting for which actor they think has done the best job.



Again, I haven't seen all the films up for awards, but I've seen the trailers and heard the buzz so I'm going for an educated guess. I'm not guessing the TV awards because I don't watch enough telly to really be able to make a decent guess. But just so you know, I want Glee to win Best TV ensemble in a Comedy Series ;).

Key:
Film I think will win
Film(s) I want to win
Both

Best Ensemble in a Motion Picture
Argo
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
Les Misérables
Lincoln
Silver Linings Playbook

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role
Bradley Cooper - Silver Linings Playbook
Daniel Day-Lewis - Lincoln
John Hawkes - The Sessions
Denzel Washington - Flight
Hugh Jackman - Les Misérables

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role
Jessica Chastain - Zero Dark Thirty
Jennifer Lawrence - Silver Linings Playbook
Helen Mirren - Hitchcock
Naomi Watts - The Impossible
Marion Cotillard - Rust and Bone

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role
Alan Arkin, "Argo"
Robert De Niro, "Silver Linings Playbook"
Philip Seymour Hoffman, "The Master"
Tommy Lee Jones, "Lincoln"
Javier Bardem, "Skyfall"

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role
Sally Field - Lincoln
Anne Hathaway - Les Misérables
Helen Hunt - The Sessions
Nicole Kidman - The Paperboy
Maggie Smith - Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

Outstanding Action Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Motion Picture
The Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall
The Bourne Legacy
The Amazing Spider-Man
Les Misérables

So those are my predictions! Hopefully I've guessed better than I did for the Golden Globes...

So who do you think will win? Who do you want to win?

No comments on "Award Season Prophecies: Screen Actors Guild Awards 2013"

Leave a Reply