Three Things I'd Take On A Desert Island

I just came across a thing on the New Yorker website which I thought might be fun to do.

If you were trapped on a desert island and could only bring one book, one movie and one record, what would they be?

Book:

I could obviously go for Harry Potter but I'm going to assume that you can only take one book, and I'm not sure I could choose which one to take...

And I'm not going to go for anything "useful", you know, that could be used as kindling or whatever

So I could now say The Fault in Our Stars by John Green because it is probably the best book I've read in a while.

Maybe A Game of Thrones? Because there are a lot of characters and there would be lots of scope for fanfic to keep me amused ;)

Movie:

Hmmm... difficult. Again, I could go for Harry Potter but same problem, which one do I choose?

The Perks of Being a Wallflower? But that feels like a cop out as it's the most recent film I've seen and loved...

I think I need a film that is funny with some emotional side to it. I haven't seen Pitch Perfect but I have high hopes and could be the film I would take.

If it has to be one I've seen, I think... the Avengers. Yep, that is a film I could watch again and again. Lots of pretty men and very funny to boot!

Record:

After a small amount of thought, this is probably the easiest of the three. Teenage Dream by Darren Criss. The version with his own arrangement. Because I never get tired of listening to that song.

So what would be your three choices?

No comments on "Three Things I'd Take On A Desert Island"

Leave a Reply