Pro-Con lists: Careers

I have potentially narrowed down what I could possibly do as a career to two options:

Nursing.

Teaching.

I feel I need to do pro-con lists for both of these, so I'm going to hash it out here.

Nursing.

Pros:

  • Incorporates my previous medical science knowledge.
  • Stable job prospects.
  • Could work in any field that takes my fancy.
  • Apparently relatively well paid.
  • Active job.
  • NHS will pay the tuition fees.
Cons:
  • Another three years at university.
  • Unsociable hours.
  • According to my mum, working for the NHS is not a walk in the park.

Teaching.

Pros:
  • Stable job prospects.
  • Relatively well paid.
  • Active job.
  • Only one year more at university.
  • Teaching primary, I would get to teach a bit of everything.
  • I work well with children, and enjoy working with them.
  • Could work in the private or state sector.
  • Good holidays.
  • Potential bursary.
Cons:
  • Is it a cop-out? The old adage "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach." comes to mind.
  • Could end up in a difficult school, with difficult kids.
I am probably leaning towards teaching... but I'd like to know your thoughts or even your experiences in either of these fields.

No comments on "Pro-Con lists: Careers"

Leave a Reply